Sunday, May 29, 2016

Evie Pruett, where have you been?

I have been living a full and happy life. That's the biggest and best reason that I was away for so long. I have a life again and it is - get this - NORMAL. My daily complaints consist of trivial things like messy rooms and forgetting to pack lunch for work. I have been sleeping peacefully during the nights, which also really cut into my blogging time. This is some kind of dream come true, right?

I also have a not-so-great reason for disappearing. I became intimidated by my own blog. I realized that a lot of women were coming here for help. I wanted to help, so I made an effort . . . and then I chickened out (I've thought about it a lot and "chickened out" is the best way to put it). I could try to explain it more, but I don't want to waste any more time.

In short, I'm back. But what does that mean? Time is a scarce resource for me. This blog has to fit in my life somewhere after family, friends, work, after-school activities, and volunteering. I want to be upfront that I cannot be a consistent, predictable blogger. My goal is to be simply present. I will blog as I can. I will respond to comments as I can. In the long run, I want to modify the blog to give a better sense of community . . . but if I psych myself out with goals that are too big, I will disappear again.

So this is my modest start. I hope to talk to you all again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog today and it's a relief to know I'm not alone....even though I just as well might be since I have no one to talk to.
    I'm happy your life feels normal. I'm curious, normal because things get better, or normal because you left?

    I'm living the hell of work release as well as realizing what being on the registry means for my family. 2 very angry/sad teens and a grandchild who can no longer come visit.

    ReplyDelete