Friday, February 17, 2012

Dear Jake,

(written 2-16-2012)

Today marked a year since you were first arrested. I thought I would be angry and bitter, and I am, but I'm also very sad.

I was happy right after Sabrina was born. I thought you were, too. I thought we were starting to work out all our problems. I thought we were going to be okay.

Now it doesn't seem like anything will be okay. I feel like we're going to lose everything we were working for. I thought I could at least keep our home and a place in the community, but even those seem questionable now. 

I miss the man I thought you were. I believe you could have been that man without all the hidden stuff, if you really wanted to be. You could have gotten help. You are smart enough to know that you were breaking the law and endangering your kids.

I know the chances are high that you will go to prison. I just hope that you will get treatment at some point and enter the world again as the man you should have been to begin with.

As much as I love and miss you, I can't forgive your lies and betrayals until you prove that you can live in a decent and honest way.

You might want to hold onto this letter because I don't plan to say these things again in the near future: you are loved and missed by more than just me.

Evie

P.S. Don't respond to this letter. I don't want your explanations and excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment