Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Beginning and The Present

I didn't know my husband was a sex addict with temptations toward the illegal until this past February 2011. I gave birth to our second daughter and three weeks later my husband was arrested.

He was a teacher at a local high school. He touched the breast of a 17-year-old student on the outside of her clothing on Valentine's Day (of all the days in the year!). That was the end of everything normal for our family.

2011 was a long year for us. We went through the legal roller coaster until Jake, my husband, was sentenced at the end of November to one year jail with work-release followed by ten years of probation. I thought we had hit bottom with the sentencing and everything would get better from there. But I continued to learn more things about Jake, like another student that he had been with before he met me and a long string of betrayals during our marriage.

Now, I'm effectively a single mom with a 3-year-old and an 11-month-old to raise. Like I mentioned last night - or, rather, this morning - I still love my husband. It goes against all reason, I know, especially since his serial cheating has me questioning if he ever loved me.

I made a choice to restrict him from contacting me temporarily. It wasn't a choice of vengeance, but of protection of my own sanity. As I explained to his parents, for whom I also love dearly, every time I talk to him he's either telling a lie or explaining one. I'm tired of it.

There is so much to explain, but I can't do it all at once. Bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment